Monday, June 1, 2015 at 11:52PM
Summer Reading Challenge Rules:
1) Pick 15 books that you would like to finish this summer--any genre, any size. This list doesn't have to be at 15 right from the start. It will grow as the summer continues.
2) Of the 15 books, designate 3 that you recommend to co-participants. (After you've read them, of course).
3) Of the 15 books, 3 of the books must be from recommendations by other participants.
4) Post your 15 book list somewhere with a link so that co-participants can link you on their webpages, tumblr pages, or blogs.
5) Hold yourself accountable by posting commentary about a book you've just read. Commentary can also take the form of something creative or artistic.
6) The Challenge Ends August 31st. Have fun.
My list (so far):
1. All Aunt Hagar's Children--Edward P. Jones
2. All the Light We Cannot See--Anthony Doerr
3. Bluets--Maggie Nelson
4. If the Tabloids Are True What Are You?--Matthea Harvey
5. Ending in Planes--Ruth Kocher
6. On Looking--Lia Purpura
7. Yearling--Lo Kwa Mei-En
8. My Feelings--Nick Flynn
9. Voicing American Poetry: Sound and Performance from the 1920's to the Present--Lesley Wheeler
10. Lighting the Shadow--Rachel Eliza Griffiths
11. The Americans--David Roderick
12. Open Secrets--Alice Munro
13. Do Not Rise--Beth Bachmann
14. River of Shadows--Rebecca Solnit
15. Demons in the Spring--Joe Meno
Comments for this entry have been disabled. Additional comments may not be added to this entry at this time.